Before Your Get Started
- Use a laptop or desktop (Tablet computers and smartphones are not supported for HBS Online applications or programs at this time.)
- Use Firefox or Chrome browser (The HBS Online platform is designed to work on an internet-connected desktop or notebook computer using these browsers; other browsers are not currently supported.)
- Please visit the HBS Online Support Portal for assistance with any technical issues you encounter.
Step by-Step Application Process
- Click here to apply.
- From the HBS Online account login screen, click Create an Account.
- After creating an account, check for an activation email with the subject line "HBS Online Account Verification."
- Click the link in the email to verify your account, then sign in using your HBS Online username and password. Note: This link will expire after 24 hours. If your link has expired please repeat the account creation step. If you don't receive an email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folder.
- Once you log in, you will arrive at a landing page of all HBS Online offerings, and will need to navigate down to Certificate in School Management and Leadership and click Apply to Certificate in School Management and Leadership.
- Complete the Personal, Employment, and Open Response sections, and proceed to Review & Submit to Submit your application, or leave and return back to your application later. Before leaving the application, please ensure you complete all required fields on the section you are working on, and select Save and Continue before leaving the application. To return to your application later, log into your HBS Online account and select Continue Application. Note: Applications must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
- Once you submit your application, you will be prompted to agree that all your information is accurate, and click Proceed. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please check your spam or junk folder if it does not come through, or visit the HBS Online Support Portal for assistance. You should expect to receive an email within 3 weeks when an admissions decision is available .
- Log in to HBS Online using the email you use to create the account. (Forgot your password? Click here)
- If you have not yet completed an application, select Continue Application and submit your application no later than the application deadline of the respective course you’re interested in.
- If you have been accepted to the program, follow these steps to enroll in an upcoming course.
Payment & Enrollment
If you are accepted into the program you will need to enroll in and pay for the individual course (Leading Change, Leading School Strategy & Innovation, Leading People, or Leading Learning) that you wish to take first.
We do not recommend taking more than one course at a time but if you wish to do so you will have to enroll in and pay for each course separately. Please be mindful that our courses are $399-$499 and you should only be charged once if you are enrolled in only one course.
Payments are only accepted by credit card or wire transfer within the HBS Online portal.
Checks, Purchase Orders, or other forms of payment are not accepted. All payments must be received by the deadline posted on the Payment page to guarantee your participation in each CSML course.
This program is excluded from the use of HGSE Professional Education discounts for HGSE alumni.
Please visit the HBS Online Support Portal for any payment inquiries and questions.
What Participants Are Saying
“The platform itself is marvelous, leading constant collaboration with colleagues. The varied way the material is presented, combined with a case study format as well as the requirement for personal professional reflection results in a deep understanding of the content.
This is your chance to take an online class that will truly change the way you think and act...it is built that way. The combination of business and education leadership content is not only new and revolutionary but necessary and immediately useful.”
- Craig D., Assistant Principal, New York City Public Schools